Community Progression Mentor
Posting Date 18th May 2022 F/T
ACT (Aspiring Communities Together ) is a community organisation based in Fir Vale in Sheffield. We deliver services that aim to take persistent social and economic disadvantages and educational underachievement to the black and minority ethnic (BME) community.
Our vision is an area with reduced inequalities and improved access to opportunities for the local community. ACT is built on the strength of the local BAMER community and widens people’s horizons in a journey of change.
25 days annual leave & Bank holidays
Temporary until Nov 2022 -possible extension subject to funding
The Community Progression Mentor will deliver the information, advice and guidance, working on a one to one basis with young people to:
- Identify employment opportunities for the range of individuals referred to job club provision from a variety of sources.
- Support them into sustained employment.
- Determine realistic employment goals and identify the individual’s barriers to work.
- Pro-actively approach potential employers to secure work opportunities.
- Liaise with the individual and employers to ensure sustained employment.
- Develop close working partnerships with DWP youth employment workers, health, social care, housing and voluntary, community or faith (VCF) organisations.
- Click here for full job description.
- CV’s to email@example.com with a covering letter by 1st June 2022.